The Trustee is here to help the residents of Jackson Township in times of crisis with emergency, short-term assistance while treating everyone with dignity and respect as we help re-establish self-sufficiency. The Trustee does not provide any long-term support or relief.
- Individuals 18 years of age and older may apply for assistance.
- All applications for township assistance will be processed according to written uniform standards, without regard to applicant’s, age, sex, religious creed, national origin, political beliefs, or physical or mental handicap. Persons that may qualify for the other benefit programs will be required to make a formal application with those programs.
- The township may require a home inspection/visitation to households requesting township assistance to allow inspection of their living quarters. The inspection assesses the unit’s compliance with the minimum standards of health, safety, decency, and will determine the amount of rental assistance per trustee standards.
- A determination will be made within 72 business hours of the submission of the completed application and all necessary documents. Holidays and weekends are excluded.
- Jackson Township will accommodate persons who are unable to physically come into the township office to apply for township assistance. Arrangements for home visits may be made by calling the office and making an appointment. Emergency and After-hours appointments are also available.
Do you Qualify?
Click here to find out if you are you a resident of Jackson Township.
View the Hamilton County Income Guidelines (PDF) for more information.
To determine eligibility, the Trustee will consider resources and assets of the household such as cash on hand, checking and savings accounts, certificates of deposit, stocks, bonds, mutual funds, recreational vehicles, any tax returns or other lump-sum payments, etc.
Tips for Applying
- Be on time, be patient, and be honest.
- Bring all information requested and more if you can
- Keep all appointments with other agencies
- Keep all receipts and pay stubs
How to apply?
Please note that clients are seen by appointment only. Please complete an application, gather all required documents, and complete all requested tasks before calling to schedule an appointment.
STEP ONE – Choose ONE of the following ways to obtain an Application Form:
• Find and download the printable application
• Paper applications are available to pick up outside of the door at the Trustee’s office
• Request a paper application to be mailed to you.
STEP TWO – Choose ONE of the following ways to turn in your application:
• Call and schedule a time to drop off your paperwork at our office
• Email paperwork to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Text pictures of paperwork to 317-764-4517
• Mail copies to: Jackson Township Trustee Office, P.O. Box 456, Arcadia, IN 46030
STEP THREE – Once you have turned in your application and all supporting documents, and completed any requested tasks, please call 317-984-3826 to schedule an appointment.